Deleting Custom Entites RRS feed

• Question

• I need to delete around 20 custom entities from our development environment. a large project was canceled and these entities are no longer needed.

However, when I started to manually delete them, I began to notice that there are many dependencies. So far I have not been able to delete any entities! I have not even been able to delete the 1:N or N:1 relationships

Does anyone have any tips on how to unravel the bowl of spaghetti? is there a tool that would help me do this?

any suggestions that would help me remove the dependencies so I can delete the entities?

thanks in advance

(see attached image)

• Edited by biconix Friday, August 29, 2014 12:51 AM
    Friday, August 29, 2014 12:42 AM

All replies

• Hi biconix,

If there are look up fields on the form, first you will have to remove them, publish the changes and remove the relationship. 

Friday, August 29, 2014 12:55 AM
  • Besides the lookup fields there a a number of other things that could cause a dependency on a custom entity. Workflows, dashboards, views on related entities just to name a few. 

This page has a more complete list: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg309749.aspx

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Friday, August 29, 2014 1:11 AM
  • Thanks, yes I see that I need to delete the lookups form forms, views, etc.

this is a very tedious process, especially with the number of entities I need to delete in FIVE environments!. is there a tool that will allow me to do this automatically? (obviously I can't DELETE the entities via a solution)

Friday, August 29, 2014 1:53 AM