Workflow Running When it Shouldn't RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Dynamics CRM Online (Spring '14) and I have created a workflow that monitors certain fields in the contact entity. If any of the monitored fields change the only thing the workflow does is change a value of a hidden field to note the record was updated. We then have a separate external process that runs each night that pulls all records that were updated that day and syncs the data with the data in our website. Then the external process in turn updates a couple of fields within the record, none of which are selected in the workflow as fields to monitor. One of these fields is the sync flag to reset this so it doesn't get picked up again in the next run.

The workflow works as expected when working within CRM with no problem. The issue arises that for some reason when the external process runs this workflow gets kicked off for all of the records that were just processed. So the number of records that get synced continually grows due to this workflow resetting the records that get processed. 

Has anyone ever ran into this or have any insights into this?

Thursday, July 24, 2014 7:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Philip,

I assume, you did check the things but wanted to remind you once again.

Check if there are any plugins on update of the contact entity.

Check the fields properly, there might one field which is causing a mess.

If there are any plugins, just disable them for some time and run the utility. So that you could know the things around.

--

Regards,

Gopinath.

http://mscrmtechie.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 9:58 AM
  • My question would be how is the update occurring? On the update of the contact are you sending all fields in the update request?

I hope this helps. If my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer and also vote as helpful. Michael Mayo

Thursday, August 14, 2014 11:10 PM