Import Data in CRM 4.0 - Error ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys

I am trying to Import a simple file to my CRM Organization (Version 4.0), for this I created a simple file in Notepad exactly like this:

First Name, Last Name

Gustavo, Kin

Luck, Hect

So, when I go to the Import Wizard I dont need to creat a Data Mapping (because my colluns match exactly with the Display Name on CRM) but when I finish the Import Wizard this records dont not appear, and when I go to Imports the Status Reason is Submitted and never change this status and on the Total Count the number is 0, not 2 (because on the file there are 2 records)

how can I fix this ? 

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 1:40 PM

Answers

• If the import job is stuck in the Submitted stage and does not progress then the most likely cause is that the CRM Async service is not running. The first step is to check the Windows Services and ensure that the CRM Asynchronous Service is set to start automatically and that it is running.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

• Marked as answer by Gustavo CRM Tuesday, September 13, 2011 2:10 PM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 1:48 PM

All replies

• I recomend you use Excel and save as CSV.
    • Proposed as answer by Jeffrey Loucks Tuesday, September 13, 2011 1:45 PM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 1:45 PM
  • If the import job is stuck in the Submitted stage and does not progress then the most likely cause is that the CRM Async service is not running. The first step is to check the Windows Services and ensure that the CRM Asynchronous Service is set to start automatically and that it is running.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

• Marked as answer by Gustavo CRM Tuesday, September 13, 2011 2:10 PM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 1:48 PM