Live meeting server install? Trying to use Live meeting client.. not sure what address to put in? Dont see liveserver Virt dir. RRS feed

• Question

•  

I installed the live meeting 2007 clients.. but when you goto connect it asks for the server name..

but i dont have an https://serverb/liveserver virtual directory.. i cant figure out how to install this portion or why its missing?

I've fully installed OCS 2007.. but do i need to install a live meeting server 2007 portion?

Thanks

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 6:58 PM

All replies

• Greetings,

Do you have your clients set up for automatic detection of the server name or have you populated the client with these values?

If you install OCS you should have full Live Meeting functionality. You don't need to "install" anything else.

-Jason
    Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:36 PM
  •  Jason Shave wrote:
    Greetings,

Do you have your clients set up for automatic detection of the server name or have you populated the client with these values?

If you install OCS you should have full Live Meeting functionality. You don't need to "install" anything else.

-Jason

I have the ip address in there and tcp selected.. (via gpo).. i think automatic isnt working because the sign in domain is .com and the pool is .local, but this is minor compared to my other issues..

I installed the lm2007 client and outlook addins on the workstation.. but someone mentioned something about needing a LM 2007 console?

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 4:08 PM
  • You will need to use the FQDN of the server hosting the live meeting service which in your case it sounds like the same system hosting SIP users.

You cannot initiate a Live Meeting to a server with the client configured to use an IP address.

In order to have automatic logon work with an internal name different from your users' SIP URI you MUST have a split DNS infrastructure.

Read this for more information: http://jason-shave.blogspot.com

More importantly, read the deployment guide!
    Wednesday, October 24, 2007 7:30 PM
  • I ended up installing everything on a different server.. I suspect the default website was too "mucked up" from other things so as it didnt work.. i also followed the deployment guide to a T this time.. doing the whole request a cert from my local CA and installing this one.. this may have helped things too..

All works fine now

Thursday, October 25, 2007 2:21 AM