Install remotely web page on WHS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've reading some post talking about how to install a web page, and I have one question.

Is there any posibility to install the web page remotely, I mead, copy asp.net files to a subforlder in inetpub and configure IIS?

I want to install my web page on WHS but from a client machine not directly on the Server.

Thank you!!
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 7:56 PM

All replies

• Windows Home Server doesn't have any support for what I think you want to do (publish a web page onto your server using a program on a client PC) built in, and using Windows Home Server to serve up user-created pages isn't really supported. You might want to take a look at the Whiist add-in to see if it does what you're interested in. If Whiist isn't suitable, it's possible to install Frontpage extensions, or to configure WebDAV, but again it's not supported so you may encounter issues that you wind up having to resolve on your own.

All that said, the simple case is pretty straightforward and harmless. You create a folder in which you put your web page, you point a virtual directory in IIS to that folder, and it's available to the world at the appropriate URL. This is not done from a client PC, obviously...

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 8:30 PM