none
Mappoint 2013 won't import data anymore RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have been using Mappoint 2013 with no issues until the last week, where I can no longer import any data from excel- it just says "there was a problem opening.....file name".

    My office package is 2013 as well, and hasn't changed- can anyone help please?

    Tuesday, July 29, 2014 2:52 PM

All replies

  • Same thing happens to me all of a sudden.  I created plenty of maps in the past by importing from excel, then today - nope.  Same generic error "there was a problem..."

    The only thing I can think of is that perhaps Mappoint 2013 doesn't like Excel 2013? Previously I had Excel 2010 still on my computer, which has now been removed.

    Can anybody confirm this? Or know of a fix?

    Thursday, August 28, 2014 2:32 PM
  • Actually I may have just found my own answer.  It does appear to be an Office 2013 thing but one of these downloads might fix it:

    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23734   (older version)

    or

    http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=13255   (newer version)

    ** update - I installed the newer one, no difference, but I installed the older one (first link above for Office 2007 and now everything works again! :-)
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 2:41 PM
  • MapPoint 2013 + Office 365 ProPlus (2013 Click-To-Run). 

    Error Microsoft MapPoint: "There was a problem opening 'file.xls'"

    Access 2007 DB Engine fixed this issue for my customer.

    Thanks MSUser_John9999

    Friday, May 20, 2016 3:37 PM
  • Thank you that worked
    Monday, June 13, 2016 4:41 PM
  • The older version worked for me too.  I updated from Office 2013 to Office 2016 a while ago and it must've broke this connection but this download fixed it for me.  Thanks!
    Tuesday, June 28, 2016 3:44 PM
  • Hey !

    Your solution is still working 4 years later.

    the older version save my day (i did not try the newer one !)

    Thank you very much !

    Friday, November 30, 2018 9:46 AM
  • Had this problem appear on a user's desktop w/ Office 2016 on Windows 7 Pro. The older version of the 2007 Access DB Engine worked for me. yay.

    I'm adding this so y'all are aware that the link appears to now be dead. I was unsuccessful in searching for the file. I went to the wayback machine at web archive dot org and rolled it back to March 21 of 2016. Click on the 'Click Me' link to grab the file. 

    To reference issue. Whenever I tried to import any type of excel file format, I received the 'there was a problem opening....'  But, when I converted to *.TXT, it opened without issue.

    Friday, February 8, 2019 10:53 PM
  • Installing the 2007 Runtime fixed the excel issue for me on MapPoint 2011.  I was able to find the installer on Download.Cnet.com.  We are using Office 2016 C2R installer
    Wednesday, June 26, 2019 3:33 PM