TRANSFER OF DATA FROM MS MONEY 2005 TO MONEY SUNSET RRS feed

• Question

• I have been running MS Money 2005 on my old computer (Vista OS).  I recently bought a new computer (Windows 10 OS) and installed Money Sunset.  I tried to use the .mny file from my old computer in sunset to get the data across but this did not work.  Also tried backup in old version and restore in Sunset but with no luck.  What can I do to get my data across to the new computer?
    Wednesday, January 10, 2018 3:46 AM

All replies

• You need a version of Money written for the same geographic area that created you current Money.mny file.  See the second "sticky" thread in this forum:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/479281b2-90f9-42ca-85f7-644fc6e1e5c3/download-microsoft-money-installation-files-solve-activation-and-some-other-errors?forum=moneyEnglish

to download and install the appropriate version.  If you are in Australia, this version is probably Money 2005 International English QFE2.  Note that even if you have your original Money 2005 disk is may not work because Money 2005 required a patch that is no longer available.  The downloads linked in that thread already have the patch.

Let us know how you make out.

Bill Becker

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 4:12 AM
  • Hi Bill, that worked a treat.  Thank you so much - really appreciate the help.  I was about to despair at the thought of having to switch to another software and try to recreate/extract the data in some way.  All the best, AussieMike18
    Thursday, January 11, 2018 4:16 AM