Cannot Access my Money 2005 Program RRS feed

• Question

• I had Money 2005 on a computer which crashed. I loaded it into my new computer with Windows 8. Sometime ago I upgraded to Money Plus. I restore the program with my Money Plus backup file. I tried accessing the program but a password problem prevented access. I tried changing my password without success. I tried getting an access code without success. I worked with a Microsoft support person via chat who tried sending me a code via e-mail without success. There a note that says my account has a 30 day waiting period that ends March 9 2015. I want to access the program. Can someone help me?

Thank you.

Saturday, February 21, 2015 10:41 PM

All replies

• I think you are saying that you:

- had Money 2005 on your old computer

- installed Money 2005 on your new computer and used it successfully

- upgraded to Money Plus and discovered that it won't open your Money file

If that is correct, then post back with your location (US, UK, elsewhere) and we should be able to help.  Please make sure that you retain the password that was in effect before you changed it.  You may need it to open your file.

If, instead, you successfully used Money Plus on your new computer then that is a different situation.  Post back with how you installed Money Plus, - from a download or from a disk.

Bill Becker

Sunday, February 22, 2015 4:41 AM
  • I have the same problem as you described - please report any progress - thanks
    Thursday, March 19, 2015 3:57 PM
  • I'm not sure what you mean by "the same problem".  Twasmund never replied to my questions about his/her situation.  Please review my questions and reply with the details of the sequence of events that led to your problem.

Bill Becker

Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:07 PM