Setting time in future does not work. RRS feed

• General discussion

• This may be a DotNetBlogEngine issue, but if I set the publish time in the future it does not take.  Publishes it 'now'.
    Sunday, December 28, 2008 2:12 AM

All replies

• I have confirmed this is an issue with WLW.  The post time is always coming in 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM.

Once you get that fixed, I'll upgrade.  It's a show stopper (and frankly stunned something like this could get through...) for me.
    Sunday, December 28, 2008 3:54 AM
  • Sorry, I sort of misspoke.

Will elaborate in a bit, need to verify the details.
    Sunday, December 28, 2008 4:03 AM
  • OK, here is the deal.  I don't know enough about the specification to pass blame, but the simple fact is that WLW 2008 sent one thing... WLW 2009 sends another.

In 2008 you apparently passed the node for the 'publish date' as 'pubDate'.  In 2009 it is now 'dateCreated'.  DotNetBlogEngine.NET was checking for pubDate and it wasn't provided.

I know both teams are working together on this, and I'll forward onto Mad's and crew, but hopefully you all come to an understanding about which is correct.

Clarence
    http://www.ocdprogrammer.com
    Sunday, December 28, 2008 4:15 AM
  • I posted in your other thread about this too.

I don't know why we changed the name of the field, I will have to look into it and see what happened.  I will get back to you soon.
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Monday, January 5, 2009 12:47 AM
  • It looks like pubDate was added by mistake, and it isn't part of the spec.  dateCreated is also not part of the spec, but is a defacto standard.  I'll contact Al and see if he can get the fix into the next version of BlogEngine.NET.
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Monday, January 5, 2009 6:13 PM
  • It looks like this will be fixed in BlogEngine.NET 1.5 which according the site is coming soon.
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 5:38 PM