none
new forums

General discussion

• much better - nice to see that you took my advice and adopted the same format as the Expression Studio forums;-)

Disappointed that no private message area, inwhich to have an off topic conversation with someone.  Say in a C++ forum a poster mentions use of a particular firewall in a particular way that I'd like to know about - that should be taken "offline" via private  messaging, ratherv than cluttering up the C++ forum.  In another post on this someone asked how a person who only comes here occasionaly would know they have a private message, the system would send an email just like it does for a topic on which I have an Alert Me set, and like just about every other BB on the 'net does.

Anyways it is so much better, that I might come here more often now.

Response is very slow in Australia, not me nor my ISP as other sites are swift - ask BullInAChinaShop to get you some more blades:-).
    Tuesday, July 29, 2008 12:15 PM

All replies

• We were actually building them for MSDN/Technet and Expression said they wanted to use them too... ;)

Private Messaging is something that is on the backlog...

Our next release will be all about scalability and global performance... Hopefully we can speed up your experince for ya... :)

Matt
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:45 PM
  • mattfras said:

Our next release will be all about scalability and global performance... Hopefully we can speed up your experince for ya... :)

Today, each navigation page refresh (going back up a level,  getting into a thread, etc) is now taking 15+ seconds. That seems slower that last week.

Any idea when faster performance will happen?

Thomas Lee
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 12:41 PM