XML in VS 2010 for Windows Phone 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Wanted to know where I would get the best response with a question about XML Null Reference Exceptions. Working on a Windows Phone 7 Application in Visual Studio 2010. Thanks!

To further expound, I guess I'm asking if I should post in the LINQ to XML thread or the Windows Phone 7 thread?

• Edited by Musicman247 Sunday, May 22, 2011 9:10 PM further expound
    Sunday, May 22, 2011 8:43 PM

Answers

• A NullReferenceException is generally a bug in user code (you should throw ArgumentNullException if you get unexpected null value from someone else). 

If you need help in tracking down where the exception is thrown, visit the Visual Studio Debugger forum. 

If you need help in determining why you get null values from a LINQ to XML query, visit the XML, System.Xml, MSXML and XmlLite forum.

If you need help in checking if your code has the NullReferenceException bug, visit the General forum that covers your programming language.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    • Marked as answer by Musicman247 Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:02 PM
    Sunday, May 22, 2011 11:14 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post! I would suggest posting your question in one of blow Forums depending on your question:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsphone7series/threads

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/visualstudio,vsarch,vsdbg,vstest,vstfs,vsdata,vsappdev,visualbasic,visualcsharp,visualc

Hope this helps you.
     Have a great day!

Thanks!
    Judan
    Sunday, May 22, 2011 9:35 PM
  • A NullReferenceException is generally a bug in user code (you should throw ArgumentNullException if you get unexpected null value from someone else). 

If you need help in tracking down where the exception is thrown, visit the Visual Studio Debugger forum. 

If you need help in determining why you get null values from a LINQ to XML query, visit the XML, System.Xml, MSXML and XmlLite forum.

If you need help in checking if your code has the NullReferenceException bug, visit the General forum that covers your programming language.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    • Marked as answer by Musicman247 Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:02 PM
    Sunday, May 22, 2011 11:14 PM
  • Thank you for your help! I appreciate it!

Ended up posting my question in the XML, System.XML, MSXML and XmlLite forum and got a couple of great answers!

Monday, May 23, 2011 2:01 PM