No more Beta RRS feed

• General discussion

• Looks like another beta has come to a end I just installed 2.0.2500.10 It's running like the previous build perfect and quiet I'm going to sleep now wake me when there's a new beta.  

No more Windows live betas either What's a beta tester to do

Saturday, November 17, 2007 5:46 AM

All replies

• What is the process to get the offical final build? Do I need to uinstall and install the new 2.0 that is out? Or will my beta update itself? Also, did any sort of email go out to beta testers like me announcing this?

Thanks,

Scott Howell

Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:21 AM
  • You need to un-install the beta and go to the Members account page at one care and click the link reinstall/ or add pc link and install that build of Wloc you'll see a clean up tool to that'll clean your pc of all the old one care beta files left over if any. then you return to the page and re-install once you get it if you have a active subscription you'll be prompted to enter your Windows live ID info it'll go look for a current subscription if you don't got one it'll revert to a 90 day trial

Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:32 AM
  •  Scotters83 wrote:

What is the process to get the offical final build? Do I need to uinstall and install the new 2.0 that is out? Or will my beta update itself? Also, did any sort of email go out to beta testers like me announcing this?

Thanks,

Scott Howell

No email announcement was made (yet), but you will need to remove the beta and install the production version in order to activate to your subscription. The beta will no longer be updated.

-steve

Monday, November 19, 2007 2:50 AM
  • I just received an e-mail from MS One Care that says :

>>We wanted to give you an advance notice that the (v2.0) beta will be closing at the end of February. Depending on when you installed the beta, your OneCare beta service will expire by December of 2007, after which you will not be receiving any more virus or updates to your OneCare service. Before your OneCare service expires, we strongly urge you to un-install the service and re-install the fully-released service so that you can continue your protection and maintenance services. We have made it easy to get the fully-release service at a great discount, so see below for the special offer details:

but on my OneCare window it says my subscription expires on 8/11/2008.

1) When will my beta subscription really expire?

2) I would like to take advantage of the offer to extend my subscription for one year at an attractive discount, but I' m afraid if I try to do it , I will be paying for something that I am allready getting ( coverage from 12/07 to 8/08 ).  How do I clarify this situation? 

TIA

Fred

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 12:35 AM
  •  913fred wrote:

I just received an e-mail from MS One Care that says :

>>We wanted to give you an advance notice that the (v2.0) beta will be closing at the end of February. Depending on when you installed the beta, your OneCare beta service will expire by December of 2007, after which you will not be receiving any more virus or updates to your OneCare service. Before your OneCare service expires, we strongly urge you to un-install the service and re-install the fully-released service so that you can continue your protection and maintenance services. We have made it easy to get the fully-release service at a great discount, so see below for the special offer details:

but on my OneCare window it says my subscription expires on 8/11/2008.

1) When will my beta subscription really expire?

2) I would like to take advantage of the offer to extend my subscription for one year at an attractive discount, but I' m afraid if I try to do it , I will be paying for something that I am allready getting ( coverage from 12/07 to 8/08 ).  How do I clarify this situation? 

TIA

Fred

Well from what your info says there ending the beta keys in december the expiration date is set for testing purposes only

as for extending you have to install and buy a release subscription key at one care site the beta has been closed. You will need to uninstall the beta build first

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 12:50 AM
  • No said email here..

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 2:44 AM
  •  Stephen Boots wrote:
     Scotters83 wrote:

What is the process to get the offical final build? Do I need to uinstall and install the new 2.0 that is out? Or will my beta update itself? Also, did any sort of email go out to beta testers like me announcing this?

Thanks,

Scott Howell

No email announcement was made (yet), but you will need to remove the beta and install the production version in order to activate to your subscription. The beta will no longer be updated.

-steve

Yeah What's up with that all there was a blog entry but no e-mail there's the regular ad banners try Windows live one care. But nothing promoting new features or the new version.

Friday, November 23, 2007 12:42 AM