Delete button disappeared from backup settings RRS feed

• Question

•   First congratulations to the WHS team!!   I sincerely hope all of the fixes and improvements will work as designed.

Upon installing I noted that "Delete" button has disappeared from the backup settings window. Apparently WHS team has great confidence in the Repair option.

It would be nice if anyone of the WHS team could comment on this choice, and perhaps reveal some details of the way the repair option works. I also would like to know which types of corruption can be fixed (and which types can't be fixed).

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 5:58 AM

Answers

• Deleting all backups was, I believe, a stopgap measure that would return the backup database to a known good configuration and allow backups to work again. Repair may, in some situations, still need to do this.
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 11:38 AM

All replies

• Deleting all backups was, I believe, a stopgap measure that would return the backup database to a known good configuration and allow backups to work again. Repair may, in some situations, still need to do this.
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 11:38 AM
  • Thanks Ken. Still would like some more insight in the way Repair works. (guess I have to find that out myself)

Friday, June 13, 2008 5:08 AM