User account renamed in AD keeps old name in Communicator 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Here's the setup...

OCS 2007 Enterprise in a consolodated setup on Windows 2003 Standard R2

SQL 2000

Communicator 2007 on WinXP SP2

I renamed a user account in the AD because we had it wrong.  After making the change, her display name shows correctly in every other AD application (MOSS, Outlook, etc).  It also shows correctly in the OCS Management Console.

I can see that the files in the AddBook share are current and I can get to them via a URL.  I can add new users into the AD and see them in the Communicator client.  It is weird, however, that I cannot see any of her properties when I right-click on her old name in contacts in Communicator (nothing happens).

I have tried removing her from the OCS infrastructure, waited a bit, and re-added her.  Same issue.

Is she in some wonky state in the database?  Anyone have a similar issue or a resolution?

Thanks,

Dan

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 4:44 PM

Answers

• So this turned out being my fault.   ;-)

The user account was in a newly created domain in the forest.  I hadn't run the domain prep tool.  After running domain prep and forcing an address book update everything was fine.

Thanks for the help!

Friday, February 1, 2008 5:22 PM

All replies

• How long has it been since changing the info in AD?  The Communicator Address Book files (by default) only regenerate once every 24 hours (1:30AM) and clients may not pickup the changed information right away if they are not restarted or haven't logged out in some time.

You can force a manual update of the ABS files, this might help: http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=17

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 1:54 PM
  • So this turned out being my fault.   ;-)

The user account was in a newly created domain in the forest.  I hadn't run the domain prep tool.  After running domain prep and forcing an address book update everything was fine.

Thanks for the help!

Friday, February 1, 2008 5:22 PM