CRM 2011 Problem with Import Solution RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, All!

I've got problem with import Solution in CRM 2011. 
    I have been doing customization CPM. I created several new entities and customize your account and product.
    I have system Administrator privileges.
    After creating the CRM-solution I have included the necessary components and components related with them.
    Export solution was successful. But the import of this solution on other computer is  failed.
    Problem occurs when I import entities Account and Product. If I created Solution without these entities, import process is Ok.
    If someone has an idea to solve this problem please help.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 9:09 AM

Answers

• Hi, all!

At the moment, this problem no longer exists. In the past, I have included Solution account with custom field with type Option Set. The new Solution I also included an account with the same type of the field, but Option Set already been created as a custom component. Customise and tied to this field. When I removed this field  Import Solution was successful. Perhaps there is a conflict in the fields of mapping an entity account.

But the question remains: this is a bug or CPM there are additional rules customization by Solution?

Tell me please if someone knows of an explanation for this!

Thanks,
    Natalya
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:53 AM

All replies

• Hi, if you can provide a error trace or the error message i can take a loot at it.

BharatKumar Bambhaniya Software Developer.
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 9:51 AM
  • Hi!

Thanks for the quick response,

Error Message is:

"A SQL Server error occured. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solution

or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamic CRM Administrator. Finally you can contact Microsoft support".

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 11:25 AM
  • Hi!

How do I get error trace. Tell me please if anyone knows.

Monday, July 11, 2011 7:04 AM
  • Hi ,

you can refer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907490 to enable trace for ms crm 2011

Mahain : My Dynamics CRM Blog
    Monday, July 11, 2011 7:23 AM
  • Hi, all!

At the moment, this problem no longer exists. In the past, I have included Solution account with custom field with type Option Set. The new Solution I also included an account with the same type of the field, but Option Set already been created as a custom component. Customise and tied to this field. When I removed this field  Import Solution was successful. Perhaps there is a conflict in the fields of mapping an entity account.

But the question remains: this is a bug or CPM there are additional rules customization by Solution?

Tell me please if someone knows of an explanation for this!

Thanks,
    Natalya
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:53 AM
  • Hi Natalya,

we have crm 2011 online, when i tried to import solution from our test enviroment (crm 2011 on-premise) we get error about option set don't match..in account entity.

what excacly we need to do that the import will sucsceed?

Thanks

shay
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 10:03 AM
  • Hi Shay,

Refer below thread, it will be helpful.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmdevelopment/thread/21865f6f-3753-4345-be75-b17359e160ec

Thanks, Ankit Shah
    Inkey Solutions, India.
    Microsoft Certified Business Management Solutions Professionals
    http://www.inkeysolutions.com/MicrosoftDynamicsCRM.html
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:48 PM