Portals render lookups as GUID's RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm working on the partner portal. After adding a number of fields to the opportunity entity and recreating the xrm.cs file, rebuilding, and republishing to Azure and then changinging some views e.g. "My Opportunities Web View" I've noticed that lookups render as GUIDs. This goes for OOB lookups such as currency as well as custom lookups. Potential customer renders ok though.

Any thoughts on why this is happening. I guess it's the way the xrm.cs file is being created and I'll need to manually edit this?

thanks.

Mark

regards, Mark www.NewEdgeDynamics.com
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 6:58 PM

Answers

• Hey Mark,

This looks like a bug in the XRM Client code. You can try running with caching disabled to see if that fixes it but that will probably impact performance. We're trying to fix this issue and I will keep you posted on any updates.

Thanks
    - Palak

• Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, March 21, 2011 5:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mark Gullick Tuesday, March 22, 2011 12:56 PM
    Friday, March 18, 2011 11:21 PM

All replies

• Hey Mark,

This looks like a bug in the XRM Client code. You can try running with caching disabled to see if that fixes it but that will probably impact performance. We're trying to fix this issue and I will keep you posted on any updates.

Thanks
    - Palak

• Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, March 21, 2011 5:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mark Gullick Tuesday, March 22, 2011 12:56 PM
    Friday, March 18, 2011 11:21 PM
  • Hi thanks Palak,

I'll mark as an answer and thanks in advance for keeping me posted.

For others facing this issue a workaround until it's fixed is: create a new varchar field and update this with a simple workflow rule on create of an opportunity or change of lookup value. Put this new field onto the portal.

regards,

Mark

regards, Mark
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 12:55 PM