Invalid App ID RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to accessing searchService using Python API and i get the following error:

<Fault soapenv:Client: Client Error: Invalid value for AppID in request>

I had earlier today registered my application and got the appID from there, the following is the code i am using:

AppID = 'whatever the appid is'

#Build Request
    WindowsSearch = WindowsLiveSearchHelper.WindowsLiveSearchRequest(
                     appID=AppID
                                ,query=searchQuery
                                ,safeSearch=safeGroup
                                ,flags=''
                            ,cultureInfo=cultureInfo
                            )

Any idea what the error is because of ? (Has the id not been activated yet ?)

Thnx
    Saturday, November 15, 2008 11:54 PM

Answers

• If you got the AppID after November 13th 2008, you are using a library based on the legacy API 1.1 with an AppID for the new API 2.0

You need to have an AppID for the right version of the API to use the Python library.

No one has ported the Python library for Live Search to API 2.0 yet.

It is in our to-do list in the product , but I'd be glad to provide support if someone in the community wants to do it.

HTH

--Alessandro

Monday, November 17, 2008 6:54 AM

All replies

• If you got the AppID after November 13th 2008, you are using a library based on the legacy API 1.1 with an AppID for the new API 2.0

You need to have an AppID for the right version of the API to use the Python library.

No one has ported the Python library for Live Search to API 2.0 yet.

It is in our to-do list in the product , but I'd be glad to provide support if someone in the community wants to do it.

HTH

--Alessandro

Monday, November 17, 2008 6:54 AM
  • hi,

I have the same problem here.I get an error"
    Invalid value for AppID in request ".I created AppId after November 13th 2008.
    Please suggest me what I need to do to make it work out.

Thanks

Pdivakaran
    Monday, January 12, 2009 5:07 AM
  • This error appears almost exclusively when you are either mistyping an AppID or using a 1.1 AppID for a 2.0 call (and vice-versa) or you are using a new AppID before 10 minutes of its creation.

If it is not one of these cases, with the data provided all I can suggest you do is

1) check that there are no typos in the AppID

2) try getting another one

Which interfaces are you using? did you try the AppID with the reference code in other protocols (XML or JSON if you are using SOAP in your app, for example)? Are you sure you are binding to the right WSDL in case you are using SOAP?

HTH

--Alessandro

Monday, January 12, 2009 9:28 AM