Live Search for WM6 w/GPS receiver: pls add gps position etc. RRS feed

• General discussion

• *Feature Request for WM Live Search mobile application w/ GPS receiver*

Hello,

I have a smartphone w/ WM6 and use the Live Search mobile application with a Pharos GPS receiver but unfortunately it doesn't show me the *longitude/latitude/altitude of my position*. I think this is a feature I'd like to have and hopefully others as well.

Let me make two more feature requests:

- it would be great if I can use a lat/lon coordinates pair for the start/destination input field since some destinations in the real world actually provide their GPS coordinates already.

- it would be great if I could save lat/lon pairs of a certain position in a kind of 'favorite list' or something. Some may call it route markers or so. However, it's not necessary that it's a full blown route marker feature... it would already help if I could remember certain positions together with may be a comment field. 

Any comments on that?

Best regards

Frank

Saturday, July 14, 2007 12:55 PM

All replies

• This is a good feature to ask for Frank.  I have forwarded this request to my contact at Microsoft.
    Saturday, July 14, 2007 5:15 PM
  • Thanks,

I appreciate.

Best regards

Frank

Sunday, July 15, 2007 3:49 PM
  • Virtual Earth Mobile will allow to to both see your current lat/lon, and jump to a given lat/lon.  Once there, you can use it as your start or destination.  (There's no "favorites list" though.)

http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/archive/2007/01/02/virtual-earth-mobile-1-69.aspx

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 5:45 PM
  •  

Dear Frank,

Live Search is a great application.  I use in conjunction with a Pharos GPS to map my trips.  Any possibility that future versions might include a "trace"  feature so that the application would permit one to see the route already traveled (so that one could easily retrace one's route? 

Saturday, November 3, 2007 8:36 PM