WIndows phone 8.1 will not connect to laptop anymore RRS feed

• Question

• My Lumia 920 Windows 8.1 phone used to connect to my Laptop running Windows 7, now the laptop does not connect or "see" the phone at all. I have tried to reinstall the Windows Phone app for windows seven. The "connect your phone now to see what is on it" comes up but the PC still cannot seem to see it. I have turned the phone and laptop both off, rebooted both and still does not seem to connect. I tried to download the Windows phone 8.1 app, and Microsoft said it no longer supports 8.1. Where can I get the Windows Phone 8.1 app, and/or would it do any good? Any suggestions? Sure could use your help. Thanks for your time

and courtesy.

Louis

Thursday, May 10, 2018 3:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Louis,

The problem that you could not find your Windows 8.1 phone in the laptop is out of the scope of the UWP Forum where people discuss writing UWP apps. I suggest that you could ask about this problem in the answer forum:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 11, 2018 2:34 AM