Invalid Windows Installer RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to install OCS 2007 Standard on a Windows 32 bit 2003 SP1 server . I cannot get it to install, I get an error every time. I tried downloading it from a different system, and also tried installing it on another system. Same thing every time. Any ideas what could be going on here?

FYI, I also tried patching the 3.1 Installer , no difference.

Thanks,

Doug

Friday, May 4, 2007 8:23 PM

Answers

• There have been a few people posting about this issue. We are having someone look into it. Thanks for your patience and for posting how you got it to work.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 4:46 AM

All replies

• This a strange behavior. Just to be clear, you have downloaded the public beta version more than once, on more than one server and get the same problem?
    Tuesday, May 15, 2007 6:23 AM
  • Also I have downloaded the OCS_SE_EVAL.msi package several times on several computers and keep getting the message that it is an invalid patch package. Many times the download aborts between 50 and 85%, from several different locations.

The Enterprise download does however unpack and download fine.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 11:31 AM
  • I had similiar problem, it turned out to be IBM director. Do you have IBM director or other managment tools installed? I think its a wmi bug or something similiar.
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 5:28 PM
  • Hi Dougr,

Can you let us know the status of your issue? Was it an IBM Director issue as suggested by Vidionetia? Please let us know.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 7:21 PM
  • I've got the same problem on a laptop without IBM Director... the msi file seems corrupted !

Does anyone have a solution?

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 2:58 PM
  • Hi Guys, I had problems with this. This is what I had to do.

http://forums.microsoft.com/Ocs2007publicbeta/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1590375&SiteID=57

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 9:43 PM
  • There have been a few people posting about this issue. We are having someone look into it. Thanks for your patience and for posting how you got it to work.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 4:46 AM
  • I tried the standard edition installer on three different servers, one on Windows Server 2003 SP2 (running on ESX Server), one on Windows Server 2003 x64 SP2 (on its own machine) as well as Longhorn Build 6001 (also on its own server) and got the same error each time.  I don't have a Vista machine handy to install on (that's my next try).  Has anyone found out what's going on with the install package?
    Tuesday, June 5, 2007 9:18 PM