How to Remove Backup Drive From Console. RRS feed

• Question

• I removed one of my smaller drives from the pool and added it back as a Backup drive. A little while later I decided against this and removed the drive and re-added it back into the pool with no problem. I then noticed the icon for the backup drive, showing as server in the Computer & Backups tabs was still there, but saying that no backup drive connected when clicked on and not backups present shown (which there are not any). So how do you get rid of the drive completely from the Computer & Backup tab as it is bugging me.

I did have this problem once before but I did a total re-install for other reasons, but I do not want to do another re-install just to get rid of this. There must be a way or it is simply just a bug.

Colin
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 3:17 PM

Answers

• You don't get rid of it, unfortunately. Once you've added a backup drive, your server always shows up on the Computers tab as available for backups. You should, however, submit a product suggestion on Connect. :)
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by wecpc Wednesday, April 8, 2009 6:49 PM
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 5:54 PM

All replies

• You don't get rid of it, unfortunately. Once you've added a backup drive, your server always shows up on the Computers tab as available for backups. You should, however, submit a product suggestion on Connect. :)
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by wecpc Wednesday, April 8, 2009 6:49 PM
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 5:54 PM
  • Thank you for your help and I have submitted it on Connect (ID 431419) for others to vote on. Meanwhile I will do another re-install as it really does bother me and I have no intention of seeing it now for evermore, especially when I have no intention of ever using it again.

Colin
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 6:53 PM