implementing a N-Tier-Peer-to-Peer szenario RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i am trying to implement an N-Tier-Peer-to-Peer szenario as described in the MSF-documentation ("Architecture and Classes for Peer-to-Peer Synchronization").

I planned to use the

Code Block
    public PeerSyncProviderProxyObject serviceProxyPeerType peerType)

constructor to make it use a web service.

The code for the basic web service is shown below.

However when I try to use the web service (browsing the SyncService.asmx) I get the error that the SyncKnowledge class annot be serialized because it doesnt have a deault constructor.

Surely I am doing something wrong here. Is SyncKnowledge really not serializable and if that is the case how do I implement a N-Tier-Peer-to-Peer szenario?

Thanks,

Michael

Code Block

[WebService(Namespace = "http://tempuri.org/")]

[WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)]

public class SyncService : WebService

{

DbPeerSyncProvider _provider;

public SyncService()

{

_provider = new DbPeerSyncProvider(); //TODO: setup a proper instance

}

[WebMethod]

public SyncContext GetChanges(SyncScopeMetadata scopeMetadata, SyncSession syncSession)

{

return _provider.GetChanges(scopeMetadata, syncSession);

}

[WebMethod]

public SyncContext ApplyChanges(SyncScopeMetadata scopeMetadata, DataSet dataSet, SyncSession syncSession)

{

return _provider.ApplyChanges(scopeMetadata, dataSet, syncSession);

}

}

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:20 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Friday, November 30, 2007 11:46 AM

Answers

• Hi Michael,

Yes, SyncKnowledge object is not XML serializable and we are working on if for the next CTPs. Now, you can easily get around this by writing a little more code, basically you can serialize the knowledge as binary and send it to the other side the deserialize it.

Thanks

Friday, November 30, 2007 10:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

Yes, SyncKnowledge object is not XML serializable and we are working on if for the next CTPs. Now, you can easily get around this by writing a little more code, basically you can serialize the knowledge as binary and send it to the other side the deserialize it.

Thanks

Friday, November 30, 2007 10:04 PM
  •  

Thanks for your feedback,

looking forward to the next version of MSF. Exciting stuff!

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 8:09 AM