installing english version while living in other country like Japan RRS feed

• Question

• I'm Japan based user but instead of japanese version of Windows Live One Care I want to install or subscribe an ENGLISH VERSION of Windows Live One Care, can I possibly do that?

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:04 AM

Answers

• The language of the running copy of OneCare is controlled by the operating system language. If your PC is using an English based OS, you will get OneCare in English.
    Subscribing is another story, though.
    If you have a retrail copy of OneCare, you can activate a subscription from anywhere in the world as long as your OS language is supported.
    If you are trying to purchase a new subscription via a credit card, there is a check that happens during purchase to insure that you are located in a country where OneCare is sold. In Japan, this means that you must have your Internet Explorer language set to Japanese for the purchase process *and* your credit card must be based in Japan, with a Japanese billing address for you. If you are actually from another country where OneCare is sold, the US, for example, and your credit card *and* Billing address are US, you would set your default language in Internet Explorer to English(US) and proceed with the activation/purchase, providing the US credit card and US billing address.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 1:40 PM