RE: Unable to activate windows SLUI.exe problem RRS feed

• Question

• formatting for my MGAdiag not fitting right but i just wanted to post up my new one, although Binit at the tech department cleared it up for me. thanks to all the microsoft professionals who help people like me everyday.
    • Edited by nasphame Saturday, February 19, 2011 10:24 PM formatting
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 10:21 PM

Answers

• Luckily I managed to snaffle the report from the email notification :) You still have a tampered file present - don't be surprised if it turns non-genuine again! Tampered File: %systemroot%\system32\slui.exe|slui.exe.mui|COM Registration The fact that the fle doesn't appear in the File Mismatch section as well would tend to indicate that the problem is registry-based, rather than file-based. I suggest that you query this with Binit and see if he can help.
    Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, February 21, 2011 11:11 PM
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 10:58 PM

All replies

• Luckily I managed to snaffle the report from the email notification :) You still have a tampered file present - don't be surprised if it turns non-genuine again! Tampered File: %systemroot%\system32\slui.exe|slui.exe.mui|COM Registration The fact that the fle doesn't appear in the File Mismatch section as well would tend to indicate that the problem is registry-based, rather than file-based. I suggest that you query this with Binit and see if he can help.
    Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, February 21, 2011 11:11 PM
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 10:58 PM
  • Thank you nasphame and sorry for my mistake in identifying the Default Key as a Non-Genuine key

(see the original thread http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindows7/thread/6D1C7362-AFDA-4139-A2DD-EF4D61A12F92 for details on what lead to my mistake).

Darin MS
    Monday, February 21, 2011 11:10 PM