Remote Applications RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I work on an application that has both a client and a server component.  When the client starts it request that the server starts.  The user can request that the server start locally or that it start remotely.  Under Linux, SSH can be used to start remote processes/applications.  My question "Is what is the best way to start remote applications under windows?"  I know that this question isn't specifically related to Job Submission, but right now I am just searching for ideas.

Regards,
    Aquil
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 2:50 PM

Answers

• This is a tricky one :-)  Without knowing a bit more about your application is hard to answer.  PowerShell v2 offers a remoting capability which is similar to SSH and may provide what you need.  There are also SSH clients and servers available for Windows.

If you give some mroe details on your application (specifically where the client and server are running) we may be able to provide some more details.

BTW, have you looked into our SOA infrastructure?  It basically allows you have a job which is a Web Service with a client that submits request.  Not sure if taht would suit your problem . . .

Thanks,
    Josh
    -Josh
    Friday, September 18, 2009 11:46 PM