Windows Media Extender RRS feed

• Question

• Am I missing something or is WHS a perfect fit for Windows Media Extenders. WHS is a central server for A/V files, why can't you share video to Extenders? It doesn't make sense.
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 7:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    sure you can share also Videos in the appropriate folder (enable Media Sharing in console). But it depends from the type of videos, if they can be accessed through the Videos share by other devices, and also DRM may play a (counteracting) role.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, January 19, 2009 10:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    sure you can share also Videos in the appropriate folder (enable Media Sharing in console). But it depends from the type of videos, if they can be accessed through the Videos share by other devices, and also DRM may play a (counteracting) role.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, January 19, 2009 10:52 AM
  • I'm talking about Media Extrender which only works with certain Vista versions. I know I can have a Vista computer networked to a WHS and connect the Vista computer to a Media Extender. I'm saying it's a no-brainer to make WHS, Media Center compatible. No games, no extra Vista computer needed. Olah, WHS is not Media Extender compatible.
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 12:48 AM