none
Multi-tasking: What a concept RRS feed

• Question

• Following a link from the TechNet home page, I landed on a page that was meant to present the multi-tasking features of Windows 10.  The link title is "Do multiple things at once with Windows 10" and took me to a Windows News on TechNet page as follows:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/jj683122

It's a shame, really, that nobody bothered to proofread this page before it was published.  The duplicate topic listings probably take up valuable real estate on the page that could have been used to list twice as many topics.  As nervous as all of us should be about the upcoming roll-out of Windows 10, this page layout certainly doesn't give me any warm fuzzy feelings about what to expect from Windows 10.

Fortunately for MS the general public doesn't read TechNet news very often, if at all.  I do, however, and right now I am advising folks who value my opinion to wait 6-9 months before moving up to Windows 10.  After that much time MS will probably have collected enough user reports to warrant the issue of a service pack for Windows 10, or an "upgrade" to Windows 10.1. 

So please, folks, hire a couple of high school seniors to work part-time for you proofreading material before it gets published.

Friday, July 24, 2015 1:02 AM

All replies