How to make a calendar? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to make a calendar in vb.net where i can click on the date and add text... For example say its july 6 i want to be able to change the 6 to V(for vacation day)..any idea of how i would go about doing this?

• Edited by VBBeginner17 Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:16 PM
    • Moved by Reed KimbleMVP Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:46 PM asp.net forms question
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 7:44 PM

Answers

• it is web

That makes it off-topic in this forum.  I was about to give an example of a custom control but it would be for Windows Forms (the topic of these forums) not web and so would not work for your application.

Please use http://forums.asp.net for web project related questions.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Sunday, January 26, 2014 2:28 AM
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:45 PM

All replies

• Web or App ??
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:32 PM
  • it is web
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:35 PM
  • So for easy way You can render it as simple table with days as cells and use onclick event to change day to vacation day :) it's so easy, after that to save it to DB or do any thing You what You can check html or some data attributes in cells so You check what was clicked :)
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:42 PM
  • so i change the calendar to the simple calendar then what properties do i need to change?
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:44 PM
  • it is web

That makes it off-topic in this forum.  I was about to give an example of a custom control but it would be for Windows Forms (the topic of these forums) not web and so would not work for your application.

Please use http://forums.asp.net for web project related questions.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Sunday, January 26, 2014 2:28 AM
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:45 PM
  • so i change the calendar to the simple calendar then what properties do i need to change?
    Dont use standard calendar if You want to do custom thing :) build Your own calendar and do with it what You want :) by building Your calendar in html You can use attribute like "data-day" or "data-isVacation" or any other which starts with "data-" and put in it what You want :) 
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:10 PM