Backup Recorded TV? RRS feed

• Question

• OK, I have looked around quite a bit for this, but I am wanting to have WHS backup my Recorded TV folder.  Obviously when you initially set up the backup this folder is greyed out as excluded.  Can someone point me in the right direction for backing this stuff up?  I have had one hard drive on a MCPC ____ out and lost all the shows I was saving before and don't want it to happen again.  So, to wrap up, is there a way to remove the Recorded TV folder from the excluded list???  Thanks for your time.
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 5:37 AM

All replies

• Recorded TV of my Windows Vista/7 is automatically transfered to my Windows Home Server (with Powerpack 3 installed) Recorded TV-folder
    So I've never recorded TV on my client anymore since I think it was Powerpack 3.
    Have you installed Powerpack 3 already?

"peauxrouge" wrote in message news:2f586b20-8e96-4611-a851-fddf5736e529@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

OK, I have looked around quite a bit for this, but I am wanting to have WHS backup my Recorded TV folder. Obviously when you initially set up the backup this folder is greyed out as excluded. Can someone point me in the right direction for backing this stuff up? I have had one hard drive on a MCPC __ out and lost all the shows I was saving before and don't want it to happen again. So, to wrap up, is there a way to remove the Recorded TV folder from the excluded list??? Thanks for your time.

Have a nice day!
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 11:40 AM
  • There's no way to remove the Recorded TV folder from the backup exclusions, no. But as Leen has pointed out, you can have recorded shows automatically transferred to the appropriate share on your server, as long as you configure that component of Power Pack 3.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 12:12 PM