How to uninstall partition RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

My Home Server is failing, so I'm trying to uninstall it. I've already uninstalled the Connector the software, however, there is still a 20 GB partition on my laptop called "RECOVERY". It contains a folder called "Windows Home Server Drivers for Restore" and a readme.txt file.

How can I remove this partition (drive D:)?

Thanks,
    Shane.

HP MediaSmart Server LX195
    Windows Home Server with Power Pack 3

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

Sunday, October 16, 2016 6:30 AM

All replies

• The partition on your laptop is not related to Windows Home Server, but created by the maker of your laptop and contains the basic recovery files in case you need to reinstall. Normally it is invisible, but somehow (maybe due to a Windows 10 upgrade) it got a drive letter, which you can remove through disk management to hide the volume again.

Windows Home Server only added the drivers folder to each volume it backed up, and you can safely delete this folder.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Thursday, December 29, 2016 4:00 PM
  • It actually was a Windows Home Server partition. I was able to get an answer over here.

Shane.

Friday, December 30, 2016 11:26 AM
  • Olaf was correct - that's not a WHS partition but it is safe to delete. WHS puts drivers on the Partition (part of the manufacturer's Windows install) as you had set it up to be backed up to WHS. Not sure why you wanted to remove it because your Server was failing but there you are - no harm done other than losing the ability to restore your OS to what the laptop manufacturer provided!

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Friday, December 30, 2016 5:04 PM
  • I started a new thread.

Shane.

Sunday, January 1, 2017 9:22 AM