What controls Ad rotation? RRS feed

• Question

• My ads are not rotating evenly, what controls which ad gets shown when in an Ad Group?

Thanks,

Smile dave

Friday, August 31, 2007 1:56 AM

Answers

•  

If its anything like the others, your highest earning ads will get "weighed" for more impressions over your lower performing ads.  Generally in my experience new campaigns are fairly balanced with multiple ads, i'll have to dig around in my old ones and see if the higher earning ads got more priority or not
    Thursday, September 6, 2007 5:06 PM

All replies

•  

If its anything like the others, your highest earning ads will get "weighed" for more impressions over your lower performing ads.  Generally in my experience new campaigns are fairly balanced with multiple ads, i'll have to dig around in my old ones and see if the higher earning ads got more priority or not
    Thursday, September 6, 2007 5:06 PM
  • Howdy Byron,

Yes, I do see the better performing ads getting more impressions, the same as with AdWords.  I guess I was wondering on the new campaigns more than ones where I am getting clicks.  When I look at the new campaigns with no clicks the ad rotation is not even, so split testing wouldn't be accurate at that point.

Thanks,

Smile dave.

Friday, September 7, 2007 4:01 PM