none
I cannot use File Explorer or network drive mapping to access my NAS drive anymore since upgrading to windows 10

Question

• I have upgraded two laptops to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I never had a problem accessing a D-Link 320 NAS with Windows 7 (or 8.1 on a third laptop).  On Windows 7 I had mapped 4 network drives on the NAS but after the upgrade although they were still showing as mapped I could not access them.  After deleting the mapping I am unable to see the NAS to map them again.

Since the upgrade (?) the Samsung will not see the NAS at all or the other Windows 10 laptop.

The older laptop (Advent) will eventually see the drive but it takes some time to identify all the files and allow access.  Initially using the File Explorer all the file names are preceded with a X on the icon and some of the folders don't appear, and those that do state that there are no files in the folder.

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Friday, September 18, 2015 2:00 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Friday, September 18, 2015 8:26 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd as in the D-link forums, or in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, September 18, 2015 1:59 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, September 18, 2015 1:58 PM
  • Hello,

I'd as in the D-link forums, or in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Friday, September 18, 2015 1:59 PM
  • Good news Everyone!

Microsoft released a Cumulative update yesterday, and my Windows 10 PC now sees my NAS in the Network. 

March 1, 2016 — KB3140743 (OS Build 10586.122)

Thank you Microsoft!

• Proposed as answer by emelsom Wednesday, March 2, 2016 9:07 AM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2016 9:07 AM