MCTIP Server Administrator or Messaging RRS feed

• Question

• I just finished my MCSE and am now looking at the MCTIP. I am having trouble deciding between the MCTIP Server and the Messaging options. I am interested in both so I guess it comes down to which would be of more benefit to me employment wise. Would either of these career paths be more valuable to have than the other. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 1:23 AM

Answers

• I think either one will help.  Messaging of course is just focused on Exchange.  The 2010 track is just two tests to get the MCITP.  The Server Administrator has an upgrade path fro the MCSE 2003.  You might also want to look at the Enterprise Administrator.  It really all depends on wht you want to do.  What kind of job do you have right now?  Which one of those will help with your current job?  Why not get both?  I did.

Tim Harrington - Catapult Systems - http://HowDoUC.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:39 AM
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 1:34 AM
  • you have to 70-649 exam that will be upgrading MCSE to MCITP Enterprise Administrator.that will covering these axams

70-640 (TS: Active directory configuration)

70-642 (TS: Network Infrastructure Configuring)

70-643 (TS: Application infrastructure Configuring)

after that do

70-680 (TS: Windows 7)

then

70-647 (PRO: Enterprise administrator)

this is easy way to upgrade your mcse

if your planing to take your exchange server you have to do the exam separately

• Edited by farhan jiffrey Tuesday, October 26, 2010 7:24 AM no hate it will have
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 7:23 AM

All replies

• I think either one will help.  Messaging of course is just focused on Exchange.  The 2010 track is just two tests to get the MCITP.  The Server Administrator has an upgrade path fro the MCSE 2003.  You might also want to look at the Enterprise Administrator.  It really all depends on wht you want to do.  What kind of job do you have right now?  Which one of those will help with your current job?  Why not get both?  I did.

Tim Harrington - Catapult Systems - http://HowDoUC.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 1:34 AM
  • Thank you very much for the reply. I'm both an Active Directory and Exchange administrator for the company I work for. I suspect that I'll just do what you have done and get both. Since I just finished the MCSE perhaps I'll go for the Server or Enterprise Administrator first because all of the concepts are still fresh and then proceed with Exchange after that.
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:21 AM
  • you have to 70-649 exam that will be upgrading MCSE to MCITP Enterprise Administrator.that will covering these axams

70-640 (TS: Active directory configuration)

70-642 (TS: Network Infrastructure Configuring)

70-643 (TS: Application infrastructure Configuring)

after that do

70-680 (TS: Windows 7)

then

70-647 (PRO: Enterprise administrator)

this is easy way to upgrade your mcse

if your planing to take your exchange server you have to do the exam separately

• Edited by farhan jiffrey Tuesday, October 26, 2010 7:24 AM no hate it will have
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 7:23 AM