none
How to read the data from .Rpt file and insert it into the MS Access DataBase? RRS feed

• Question

• My scenario is find the attached .rpt file that is a report file. That is having so many data that. I need to parse the file means need to read each line by line and the corresponding value should insert into ms access data base.

means in the file you can see 1st line as

MD-452                                 DAILY BANKCARD ACH RETURNED ITEMS REPORT                            10/22/15   PAGE:  0001 

Here 10/22/15 is the date, it should go into the RPT_DT column in MS Access database.

Like that Amount, Tran CD ...... it should read from the .rpt file and write into the MS Access.

The code can be written in any scripting language but need to make that as batch file.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 9:53 AM

All replies

• Hi karthikmandadi,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

This forum is discussing about .Net Framework setup and servicing, .Rpt file is of Crystal Report, I suggest you go to http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/default.asp to post a new thread for much professional support,

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 20, 2017 2:30 AM