Problems after install Windows Essential Live Beta 2010

• I had problems with both my computers after installing the new Windows Essential Beta 2010.  One is running on Windows Vista and the other on Windows 7 OS.  On the laptop my computer cannot recognize the msnmsgr.exe (cannot be located) and it error message was that the "application failed to start because the wldlog.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fixed this problem".  I tried to uninstalled the application, however nothing happened, so now the messenger is not running.  On my other computer which is running on Windows 7 (32bit) OS, I tried a system restore.  After completing the system restore the messenger was alright, however, the windows live mail service did not run.  When I clicked on the Windows live mail icon the error message was (wlmail.exe application error  - The application was unable to start correctly (0x0000005) Click ok to close the application).  I tried the repair application on the programs application but the problem this persist.  What should I do? 

Thursday, July 01, 2010 8:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Ramsay,

On the Vista machine where Messenger gives "application failed to start because the wldlog.dll was not found",
    can you please try uninstalling "Windows Live Essentials" first, before reinstalling the Beta?

Friday, July 09, 2010 6:02 AM
  • Ramsay, you can also simply try rerunning the install.

Uninstall might not work, but rerunning the installer might work.

Saturday, July 17, 2010 10:24 AM
  • Upon downloading Windows to my computer running Vista.

I lost my Formfill,computer slowed down became a piece of ____.

I went to control panel uninstalled the windows but left the mail which attached itself,then performed a restore to a earlier date.

All reverted back to normal.I promised myself I would never download Microsoft recommended downloads and this looked good.Boy was I mistaken to trust any of Microsoft downloads.Don't they ever perform an operational check on their products.They will disappear one day due to the inept employees working there.

I was a Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor for a major airline so I know a operational check is most important before signing off a aircraft is safe to fly.if I worked for Microsoft I would fire those that violate this BASIC principle.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:51 PM