How to select all the records in Advanced Find RRS feed

• Question

• Excuse me for my English.

I need to apply workflow to a few thousands of records in advanced find, but i can to apply it to 250 records in one time. Only to records in current page. How to apply changes to all records in querry? Thanks in advance.

Friday, February 24, 2012 8:31 AM

Answers

• If yours is On-premise setup, there is one easy (but unsupported) way to increase the records per page to more than 250 rows by updaing the PagingLimit attribute in UserSettings table of the CRM from SQL.
    Even though it's unsupported solution, it might come in handy if your running workflow is one time thing and you don't want to bother developing a custom application to fetch the records and calling ExecuteWorkflow Message for each record just for that.
    You can revert the paging limit back easily after your running workflow to your records.
    http://crmbusiness.wordpress.com/2011/06/22/crm-2011-how-to-increase-the-records-per-page-to-more-than-250-rows/

PS: You might have to do "iisreset" if the record per page doesn't apply even after the value is updated in SQL.

• Edited by Linn Zaw Win Friday, February 24, 2012 4:49 PM Adding Post Script
    • Proposed as answer by Michael A131 Tuesday, July 17, 2012 11:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andrew Fabrykant Wednesday, April 20, 2016 7:31 PM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 4:42 PM

All replies

• yes

using CRM SDK and FetchXML you need to retrive the all records, (in one request you can retrive 5000 records, so you have to loop the request untill it reach to end)

once you retrive one records in local memory, you can do some operation like trigger the workflow or anything with all records programmatically.

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer". Many Thanks -Bhautik Desai xRM Technologies

Friday, February 24, 2012 8:49 AM
  • If yours is On-premise setup, there is one easy (but unsupported) way to increase the records per page to more than 250 rows by updaing the PagingLimit attribute in UserSettings table of the CRM from SQL.
    Even though it's unsupported solution, it might come in handy if your running workflow is one time thing and you don't want to bother developing a custom application to fetch the records and calling ExecuteWorkflow Message for each record just for that.
    You can revert the paging limit back easily after your running workflow to your records.
    http://crmbusiness.wordpress.com/2011/06/22/crm-2011-how-to-increase-the-records-per-page-to-more-than-250-rows/

PS: You might have to do "iisreset" if the record per page doesn't apply even after the value is updated in SQL.

• Edited by Linn Zaw Win Friday, February 24, 2012 4:49 PM Adding Post Script
    • Proposed as answer by Michael A131 Tuesday, July 17, 2012 11:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andrew Fabrykant Wednesday, April 20, 2016 7:31 PM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 4:42 PM
  • This was an effective fix for us.  We used this method to reassign Accounts / Contacts to another rep when the standard reassign failed as our Sys Admin removed the user from our AD.

I did need to restart the Worker Process for the setting to take effect.  But nobody called to complain, it must have been a glitch :).

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 11:40 PM