How Can I do this Style? Please!! I can't find anywhere? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everybody,
    I want to do like this web site.But I can't found anywhere.I want online image when I open my msn account to my web page.
    Here is the picture about website:

Monday, April 27, 2009 5:08 AM

Answers

• Hi berkdeathstar. I hope this helps. Right-click on one of the three gif images you circled above (in the actual web page) and choose properties.  I did this and the properties for this gif showed the following address:

http://messenger.services.live.com/users/51527466dbc0c545@apps.messenger.live.com/presenceimage?mkt=tr-TR

It appears we all have a Customer ID (cid) from Windows Live Messenger. It is a sixteen character/digit string and the string for serhat@oyunyoneticisi.com is 51527466dbc0c545.  In order to find your cid go to Windows Live Messenger on your computer and click the arrow next to your name (assuming you are logged in), then select options. In the middle of the window you will see a button labeled "Edit Profile".  Clicking this will take you to your edit profile website. **IMPORTANT** In the address bar of your browser you will see "cid-" and then YOUR sixteen character/digit Windows Live customer ID. If you replace the "51527466dbc0c545" in the address above with yours, you will see a static gif showing your online/offline presence when you paste the address containing your cid in the address bar of your browser and strike enter.

I also recommend right clicking on the actual webpage you have pictured above. The webmaster's code is visible for this function and you should be able to change the details and get it to work for you too! I would post the code here if I had permission from the site's webmaster. 

NOTE: this did not work for my cid - I assume it is because I am not a member of xbox live. When I used mine I received a false static "offline" gif when in fact I was online through Windows Live Messenger at the time. However, it did return an image nonetheless.

I think that it is slick to be able to actively show your online presence on your website. I hope you figure out how to do so, and I hope I helped.
    • Edited by CHPii Wednesday, April 29, 2009 7:35 PM Forgot to stipulate web page
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Thursday, April 30, 2009 6:25 PM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 7:33 PM

All replies

• Hi berkdeathstar. I hope this helps. Right-click on one of the three gif images you circled above (in the actual web page) and choose properties.  I did this and the properties for this gif showed the following address:

http://messenger.services.live.com/users/51527466dbc0c545@apps.messenger.live.com/presenceimage?mkt=tr-TR

It appears we all have a Customer ID (cid) from Windows Live Messenger. It is a sixteen character/digit string and the string for serhat@oyunyoneticisi.com is 51527466dbc0c545.  In order to find your cid go to Windows Live Messenger on your computer and click the arrow next to your name (assuming you are logged in), then select options. In the middle of the window you will see a button labeled "Edit Profile".  Clicking this will take you to your edit profile website. **IMPORTANT** In the address bar of your browser you will see "cid-" and then YOUR sixteen character/digit Windows Live customer ID. If you replace the "51527466dbc0c545" in the address above with yours, you will see a static gif showing your online/offline presence when you paste the address containing your cid in the address bar of your browser and strike enter.

I also recommend right clicking on the actual webpage you have pictured above. The webmaster's code is visible for this function and you should be able to change the details and get it to work for you too! I would post the code here if I had permission from the site's webmaster. 

NOTE: this did not work for my cid - I assume it is because I am not a member of xbox live. When I used mine I received a false static "offline" gif when in fact I was online through Windows Live Messenger at the time. However, it did return an image nonetheless.

I think that it is slick to be able to actively show your online presence on your website. I hope you figure out how to do so, and I hope I helped.
    • Edited by CHPii Wednesday, April 29, 2009 7:35 PM Forgot to stipulate web page
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Thursday, April 30, 2009 6:25 PM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 7:33 PM
  • Nice work CHPii. Thanks for contributing.

Brett
    Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 6:25 PM