none
Visual Studio 2008, 2013 and Windows mobile

Question

• Dear Team, 

I have developed apps for PDA's using windows mobile 5.0. As far as I know the only visual studio that has the emulator so I can develop on it is Visual Studio Pro 2008 which I have. I dont mind using VS2008 pro, but I wonder if there is anyway to develop and emulate apps in visual basic using either VS2010 or VS2012 or VS2013.. can someone guide me on what do I need to do that?

Kind Regards, 

Daniel Hercules

--------- Daniel Hercules

Saturday, June 20, 2015 7:58 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Daniel Hercules,

>>but I wonder if there is anyway to develop and emulate apps in visual basic using either VS2010 or VS2012 or VS2013.. can someone guide me on what do I need to do that

If you want to test your Windows Mobile 5.0 app in VS2010/VS2012/VS2013, the anwser is no, because the Window Mobile development is not available in VS 2010 or above. But In VS2010 we can develop the Windows Phone 7 application; In VS2012 we can develop the Windows Phone 8 application;In VS2013 we can develop the Windows Phone 8.1 application.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 29, 2015 2:19 AM
  • Thanks for the answer.

Is just sad. I am trying to venture on the PDA business and unfortunately those work on windows mobile 5.0

Kind Regards, 

DH

--------- Daniel Hercules

Monday, June 29, 2015 2:29 AM
  • Might try them over here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=windowsmobiledev

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Monday, June 29, 2015 3:37 AM