WHS Add-In for D-Link Cameras RRS feed

• Question

• At Comptuex 2009, the WHS Team reported they had an Add-In which allowed management of selected D-Link IP cameras. Here's their blog on TechNet:

We were really pleased to unveil the D-Link ViewCam add-in for Windows Home Server, which allows control of a wide range of D-Link’s IP cameras from the Windows Home Server Console.  Also notable, each scenario was demonstrated using a netbook as the interface and playback device for Windows Home Server.

Since then, there has been nothing about this Add-In. I contacted D-Link technical and customer support and they were clueless, althogh they advertise it on their web page for several cameras.

Text of D-Link page here:

Add D-Link Network Cameras to your Windows Home Server. A Windows Home Server lets you easily access your files, photos, videos and music from any PC or TV in your home, or even while away. The complete line of D-Link Network Cameras easily plug into your digital ecosystem.

I'd appreciate any info on the development of this Add-In and if / when / where it might be available.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 8:14 PM

All replies

• What was shown at Computex was a beta version of an add-in. It's D-Link's add-in, so they'd be the best source of additional information...
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:12 PM