reinstalling- no internet help tool not working RRS feed

• Question

•  

microsoft automatically charged my card at the end of my one year subscription.  one would think microsoft's software would be sophisticated enough to know that and keep my service going.  no.  onecare says i must uninstall and reinstall.  ok.  trying to reinstall and getting the error that i am not connected to the internet, yet here i am on this website.  the fix tool does not work.  i have paid for another year (which i did not authorize) and yet cannot even use the service.  this is not what i want to be doing on a saturday morning. 

why doesn't the fix tool work?  do you have a fix tool for the fix tool?  will i need a fix tool to fix the fix tool that doesn't fix the initial fix tool?  do you know the best website where i can purchase a mac?

Saturday, December 1, 2007 3:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Update to say:  Microsoft has made it so that it is impossible to cancel or change billing information (so they can't steal my money next year).  It is an endless loop.  Contact us?  HOW?  Via your endless loop, there is conveniently NO WAY to contact you. 

Saturday, December 1, 2007 5:32 PM
  • If you renewed via an automatic credit card charge, why are you reinstalling OneCare?

In any event, 

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If you are in a loop because it won't validate your subscription, select the option that you are a trial or beta user to proceed to email support without validation.

-steve

Sunday, December 2, 2007 10:32 PM