Reporting Tree: Multi-Company and Wildcards + Migration Tool RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Finally got a chance to test out the MRII Beta and all in all I'm very impressed.  It is nice that it is FRx-like, so it will gain quick acceptance once all the features are built in.

I believe there is currenctly an issue with referencing multiple companies in the MR reporting tree, correct?  At least, it doesn't appear to work for me, but that may be due to another issue.  I cannot seem to use wildcards in the reporting tree either.  If I replace a working tree's branch [00] for [??] I would think that I should get 00 plus all the values relating to the other segments, but I get nothing back at all.

Also, a note on the migration tool.  Can we 'adjust' it so that it does not clobber the existing configuration in MR when it is used.  It would be nice if it wouldn't do that unless you already have a company/building block group by the same name.

Thanks

Sincerely,

Les Wright, CMA

Senior Consultant

BDO Canada LLP - Solutions

LWright@BDO.ca | www.bdo.ca

Monday, March 15, 2010 8:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Les,

Thank you for your question.

We have a bug written up for the first issue regarding the inability to use multiple companies in a tree.

In regards to the migration tool, we have received feedback for this as well and put it in as an enhancement.

Thanks again for the feedback and I am looking forward to more.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Tina Trujillo
    Microsoft

Thursday, March 18, 2010 4:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Les,

Thank you for your question.

We have a bug written up for the first issue regarding the inability to use multiple companies in a tree.

In regards to the migration tool, we have received feedback for this as well and put it in as an enhancement.

Thanks again for the feedback and I am looking forward to more.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Tina Trujillo
    Microsoft

Thursday, March 18, 2010 4:03 PM
  • How can we obtain the beta version?  I would be interested in that......

Thanks!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 11:45 PM
  • We have multiple databases and multiple copmany's.. will the bug affect our ability to retrieve and consolidate information as well?
    Friday, April 9, 2010 4:36 PM