Expired signing certificate for WebGrease library RRS feed

• Question

• We use WebGrease library in our ASP.NET MVC application, I ran into a problem during our internal validation process: the latest webgrease library we downloaded from Nuget has an expired certificate! 

The steps to replicate are very simple:

1. Create an ASP.NET 4.5 Web Application

2. Use Nuget to pull down the latest WebGrease library

3. Check the digital certificate of the WebGrease assembly, hitting "Advanced" button, and you will notice that the Microsoft Code Signing PCA is valid between 1/25/2013 till 4/25/2014. In other words, the digital certificate has expired long times ago.

We cannot simply bypass the internal validation process in our company, thus I am wondering if there is a process to get an updated WebGrease.dll with validate certificate? I've actually tried to contact the library's author via Nuget's website, but didn't receive any response so far. Thanks for your kind help in advance!

lakeeast

Monday, July 23, 2018 6:17 AM

All replies

• Hi SebGM2018,

Since your question is more related to ASP.NET, you could post a new thread in ASO.NET forum for suitable support.

https://forums.asp.net/

The CLR Forum discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Regigistry, Globalization, Reflection. Also discuss all the other Microsoft libraries that are built on or extend the .NET Framework, including Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF), Charting Controls, CardSpace, Windows Identity Foundation (WIF), Point of Sale (POS), Transactions.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 6:13 AM
  • Hi Wendy,

Thanks for your reply, but the question I asked is NOT about ASP.NET, but about a particular Microsoft open source assembly called WebGrease. The assembly can certainly be embedded in a non-ASP.NET project. I did post the same message to https://forums.asp.net/ as you've suggested, and I certainly hope to get a support ticket assigned to have this issue resolved ASAP. It would be sincerely appreciated if you can provide a link where I can initiate a support process (I am a MSDN enterprise subscriber).

Or maybe you can provide any hints on which forum is the proper forum to answer the following question: can I sign WebGrease open source library with my own digital certificate considering that the latest released assembly is expired? Thanks!

lakeeast

Friday, July 27, 2018 2:58 AM
  • Hi lake,

For WebGrease, you could post in StackOverFlow.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/webgrease

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 2, 2018 3:49 PM