Already activated windows but just noticed i got 3 days to activate whats going on? RRS feed

• Question

• I bought a genuine copy of win vista HP and activated it on the day of install .Now weeks later its telling me i got 3 days left to activate when i try to activate it tells me my key is already in use(which is no doubt me because i activated it) Please help!!
    Saturday, March 31, 2007 2:47 PM

Answers

• You could also try reentering your key in by using the "Change product key" link in the Windows activation section of your System Properties window.  You can get there by right-clicking on Computer in the Start Menu and selecting Properties.  Let me know if you need more assistance.  Thank you!
    Monday, April 2, 2007 9:46 PM

All replies

• When you type in your product key and it tells you that it's already in use, it should give you other options saying either "use the automated phone system" or "show me other ways to activate" (in which you would select use the automated phone system).

You can try activating it over the telephone, but before that try installing this patch: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931573

Install it, re-start your computer, it should fix it. If not, call in to the activation center and re-activate manually over the telephone, with the installation id it gives you with the automated telephone activation, the product activation center telephone number is 1-888-571-2048.

Sunday, April 1, 2007 5:49 PM
  • You could also try reentering your key in by using the "Change product key" link in the Windows activation section of your System Properties window.  You can get there by right-clicking on Computer in the Start Menu and selecting Properties.  Let me know if you need more assistance.  Thank you!
    Monday, April 2, 2007 9:46 PM