Unable to export default Solution RRS feed

• Question

• This is similar to other issues but havent found any answers, or anyone having this particular issue.

I have an environment with a couple of Managed Solutions (third party) and a selection of Unmanaged solutions (developed internally and externally),

I want to export the whole lot so have gone to Customizations > Customize the system and export solution (which starts the wizard).

The problem is once I press next on the 'Export System Settings (Advanced)' screen the wizard disappears, it doesnt provide the 'save as' sub box, it just seems to close (no error messages in Event Log) no matter how long I leave it.

Any idea why this is? Is it because there are managed solutions as a sub-part of the whole solution?

Any advice appreciated.

Update: It's an On-site CRM instance

Error: >System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #91729206: System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: plugintype With Id = 1eef9ca2-1823-df11-bdf0-005056ba16c3 Does Not Exist

UPDATE: turns out it was a plugin that was incorrectly removed leaving a load of old references to it in the solution.

Managed to hunt down all the references to it in the database:

SELECT * from PluginTypeBaseIds where PluginTypeId = '1eef9ca2-1823-df11-bdf0-005056ba16c3'

SELECT * FROM [SdkMessageProcessingStepBase] where PluginTypeId = '1eef9ca2-1823-df11-bdf0-005056ba16c3'

SELECT * FROM [SdkMessageProcessingStepBaseIds] where [SdkMessageProcessingStepId] in
    (Select SdkMessageProcessingStepId FROM [SdkMessageProcessingStepBase]where PluginTypeId = '1eef9ca2-1823-df11-bdf0-005056ba16c3') 

SELECT * FROM [SdkMessageProcessingStepImageBase] where [SdkMessageProcessingStepId] in
    (Select SdkMessageProcessingStepId FROM [SdkMessageProcessingStepBase]where PluginTypeId = '1eef9ca2-1823-df11-bdf0-005056ba16c3')

SELECT * FROM [SdkMessageProcessingStepSecureConfigBase]

Obviously direct Database changes are not allowed so I ended up having to copy the DB, delete all the references, importing as a new company and exporting the base Solution and then testing building a new Organization from the Base Source code

(just part of DR, the D being (potentially) developers making direct customization changes without proper version control/config management)

DBA

Monday, September 29, 2014 3:46 PM

All replies

• hello DBA.

the error message specified only says that A plugin type or class is missing.

your best option would be to use plugin registration tool to look up the plugin and see what class represents that guid. Unregistering the class may help.

since you are a dba, please let me know why you are trying to export the solution?

for backups, you can take a backup of the _mscrm database and restore on another sqlserver

please be mindful that uninstall of plugin or managed solution will delete data also.

Jithesh

Monday, September 29, 2014 8:45 PM