none
AVG Free Edition 7.5.472a1024 RRS feed

• Question

• AVG Free Edition is the well-known anti-virus protection tool. AVG Free is available free-of-charge to home users for the life of the product! Rapid virus database updates are available for the lifetime of the product, thereby providing the high-level of detection capability that millions of users around the world trust to protect their computers. AVG Free is easy-to-use and will not slow your system down (low system resource requirements).

Highlights include:

* Automatic update functionality
    * The AVG Resident Shield, which provides real-time protection as files are opened and programs are run
    * The AVG E-mail Scanner, which protects your e-mail

* The AVG On-Demand Scanner, which allows the user to perform scheduled and manual tests
    * Free Virus Database Updates for the lifetime of the product
    * AVG Virus Vault for safe handling of infected files
    Saturday, May 26, 2007 3:31 AM

All replies

• AVG is the best free anti-virus... It is best suited for home users...
    Saturday, May 26, 2007 10:31 AM
  •  

Friday, March 7, 2008 9:24 PM
  •  YOGESH_SAXENA_15fbaa wrote:
    AVG Free Edition is the well-known anti-virus protection tool. AVG Free is available free-of-charge to home users for the life of the product! Rapid virus database updates are available for the lifetime of the product, thereby providing the high-level of detection capability that millions of users around the world trust to protect their computers. AVG Free is easy-to-use and will not slow your system down (low system resource requirements).

Highlights include:

* The AVG Resident Shield, which provides real-time protection as files are opened and programs are run

* The AVG On-Demand Scanner, which allows the user to perform scheduled and manual tests
    Friday, March 7, 2008 9:26 PM
  • tancs
    Monday, June 16, 2008 11:02 AM
  • i ain't able to upgrade to avg 8.0. it says conflicting product installed. but i uninstalled avg 7.5 completely and still the problem is there. i have also uninstalled zone alarm.

also, avg 7.5 and zone alarm, though are compatible, slow down the system substantially especially during start up which takes a few minutes to load after the welcome screen!

any one else using this combination at some point of time?

i am still doubtful of which combination works best and whether windows firewall is sufficient (zone alarm used to detect some statcounter cookies and stuff during spyware scan which are common i guess)

of the many many antiviruses I have googled for opinions about, I find many people recommending avast though I don't like its interface that much. The second best seems to be avira (among the freewares) which I guess I will try next.

also, the best firewall seems to be comodo from my googling experience
    Monday, June 16, 2008 12:48 PM
  •  

Saturday, September 13, 2008 12:11 PM
    AVG Free Edition is the well-known anti-virus protection tool. AVG Free is available free-of-charge to home users for the life of the product! Rapid virus database updates are available for the lifetime of the product, thereby providing the high-level of detection capability that millions of users around the world trust to protect their computers. AVG Free is easy-to-use and will not slow your system down (low system resource requirements).

Highlights include:

Monday, September 15, 2008 11:16 PM

Highlights include:

Monday, September 15, 2008 11:16 PM
  • ok now what

Sunday, October 19, 2008 11:17 PM

Highlights include:

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 4:51 PM
  •  

whAT IF I HAVE MORE THAN 1 PASSWORD(SHARED COMPUTER)
    Wednesday, November 19, 2008 1:09 PM
  • Thursday, November 27, 2008 8:02 PM
  • Kan mijn avg free niet krijgen wat is het proleem
    Friday, June 25, 2010 1:15 PM