OLAP Datbase is missing data RRS feed

• Question

• Job runs everynight and there are no errors to speak of.

Data is incorrect compared to SQL DB, it seemed to work after the inital install but now is off.

It seems to build very quickly so maybe its not pulling in everything it should
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 5:54 PM

Answers

• The timesheet data should be there for approved and submitted. The cube will display the data based on the timehseet status. If the status is approved, the values should be displayed in approved. By the way I had this issue before but was not able to reproduce this issue all the time. What we have done instead is generated a Reporting Serivces report since all data is working fine in the Reporting DB.

Hope this helps

Marc Soester [MVP] http://marcsoester.blogspot.com
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:26 AM

All replies

• Make sure all projects are published and there is no queue errors.
    Thanks Gaurav Wason MCITP, PMP
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 6:54 PM
  • If you do a manual build of OLAP queue, does it finish without errors?  Do you see the data? 

What version of project are you running?

What doe you mean that data is incorrect compared to SQL db. Its' all SQL DB.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:38 PM
  • manual build finishes with no errors.

I see data but its sems incomplete.

The data in the "normal" project server DB is fine

running Project Server 2010

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:04 PM
  • Hi,

Can you advise how the data is incomplete? Is specific data missing? Projects? Dimensions / Measures?

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:55 PM
  • I assume that it is timesheet data that is incomplete? I have had this before too, no errors during build but not all data comming through. Would be great if you could specify what data is incomplete.

thanks

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 10:45 PM
  • This is for the timesheet data, there are missingg hours and days from users, and its very non sensical.

Its not cut and dry where a users is missing a weeks worth of time but sometimes its a few hours off.

When checking certain examples all timesheets are OK

Can anyone specify at what point I should expect timesheet data to be there(approved,submitted)? 

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 1:19 PM
  • The timesheet data should be there for approved and submitted. The cube will display the data based on the timehseet status. If the status is approved, the values should be displayed in approved. By the way I had this issue before but was not able to reproduce this issue all the time. What we have done instead is generated a Reporting Serivces report since all data is working fine in the Reporting DB.

Hope this helps

Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:26 AM