Antivirus software RRS feed

• Question

• ANy idea what antivirus software will run on Home Server..
    Monday, October 27, 2008 3:14 AM

All replies

• Avast! has a WHS version that a lot of people use.
    HP pushes a WHS version of McAfee to owners of the EX470/475.
    Monday, October 27, 2008 8:32 AM
  • I have installed a 3 year license of Avast Pro Family Pack (http://www.avast.com/eng/avast-professional-family-pack.html) and found it very useful; it includes 10 Windows licences which you can manage from the server. It is self updating, runs in the WHS console as an add in, understands multiple users on Vista, is  less intrusive than Kapersky and gives peace of mind when accessing the web. I have also resorted to Windows Firewall on the server and Windows Firewall and Defender on the PCs.
    Monday, October 27, 2008 10:30 AM
  • I am using "avast! Professional Family Pack - antivirus for home network" for WHS and all the client PC's.
    I can recommend it!

No home server like Home Server
    Monday, October 27, 2008 10:16 PM
  • I am using Symantec SEP11 on my WHS - I had to configure the firewall postion for my local lan, otherwise it shuts everyone out (not good for a server, but once I had hte rules config'd for the local lan, it works fine.
    Tuesday, October 28, 2008 3:36 PM
  • Big Ken said:

I am using Symantec SEP11 on my WHS - I had to configure the firewall postion for my local lan, otherwise it shuts everyone out (not good for a server, but once I had hte rules config'd for the local lan, it works fine.

I would strongly recommend you do not use any app that is not specifically designed for WHS due to the way WHS handles files.
    Wednesday, October 29, 2008 3:21 AM
  • Here is a nice solution

an antivirus comparison site:

rebrand.ly/top-antivirus

Monday, June 19, 2017 8:41 AM