OFF TOPIC:Trojan.Vundo RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi

I have a problem with a "Trojan.Vundo" infection on my PC. I am running AVG V7.5, with windows defender. I ran Antispybot and Spyhunter, Spyhunter came up with a warning telling me that I had an infection and giving me a location within the registry of the infected files. Spybot failed to find it, as did AVG and Win Defender, I've searched on the internet and found the Symantec Trojan.Vundo spyware removal tool which told me that it had removed the infection but subsequent scanning with Spyhunter found it again.

I'm not sure if I should be worried about the infection, I am reluctant to delete files out of the registry for fear of causing major damage, I'm also aware of "Spyware" software flaggiong up problems that can only be solved by purchasing their removal tool, call me cynical but sounds a bit convenient.

The path it is indicating is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\igfxcui

Any suggestions about courses of action to pursue, I'm reasonably confident in following instuctions as long as they're comprehensive, but I'm not planning to dive in and start deleting files. Would System Restore help me out at all??

Any help appreciated

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 6:08 PM

All replies

• You are off topic for this forum which is for the discussion of Windows Live One Care. To remove Vundo see this - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic18610.html
    Tuesday, May 8, 2007 6:14 PM
  • If youre in the US/Canada please call this number

1866 727 2338 - Microsoft PCSafety  

if you dont have Windows Live Onecare in your system I much advise to reach this support group to directly assist you and its for free

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 8:38 PM