CRM Lookup Field In Opportunities RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to create a lookup field in the opportunities area. What I want is to have the primary contact person to appear on the opportunity area as well. Two things first when I goto create a attribute I dont have the lookup field type. How can I do this ?

If I do how to create the mapping between the entities. Do I have to create a new mapping or should I edit one

Thanks
    Sahan
    Monday, July 20, 2009 11:49 AM

Answers

• Hello Sahan,

You'll need to create a new N:1 relationship between the Opportunity and the Contact entity -
    See the CRM user documentation for more information on all the specifics of how to create new relationships -

Once you've created the new relationship, the new contact lookup field will be available to add to the form.

Scott.
    Scott Sewell, CustomerEffective | http:\\blog.CustomerEffective.com | Twitter:@ScottSewell
    Monday, July 20, 2009 11:59 AM

All replies

• Hello Sahan,

You'll need to create a new N:1 relationship between the Opportunity and the Contact entity -
    See the CRM user documentation for more information on all the specifics of how to create new relationships -

Once you've created the new relationship, the new contact lookup field will be available to add to the form.

Scott.
    Scott Sewell, CustomerEffective | http:\\blog.CustomerEffective.com | Twitter:@ScottSewell
    Monday, July 20, 2009 11:59 AM
  • Hi Scott,

Should the Lookupfiled be created before creating the N:1 relationship . If so when i try to create the attribute i dont have lookup field types available.

Thanks
    Sahan
    Monday, July 20, 2009 11:39 PM
  • Hi Scott,

Cheers you were right . Thats the right way. Now as step one is done "creating of the field" what I want is when ever I click New Opportunity I want it to pick the primary contact from the Organization and then opulate the contact field in the opportunities. How can this be done Should it be a relationship or a Java script?

Thanks
    sahan
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 1:30 AM