shut down from taskbar icon or whs console login screen RRS feed

• Question

• It would be nice to shut down the server without having to log into the console.

Thanks

Saturday, May 24, 2008 3:24 PM

Answers

• If ou think about it, the ability to shut down the server from the systray icon or the console login screen would mean that anyone could shut the server down, whether they were the "administrator" or not. I don't think that's a good idea; it would mean that someone's 5 year old child could shut the server down "just because".

However, if you feel strongly that this would be a good feature to have, you can make a product suggestion using Connect.
    Saturday, May 24, 2008 4:51 PM

All replies

• If ou think about it, the ability to shut down the server from the systray icon or the console login screen would mean that anyone could shut the server down, whether they were the "administrator" or not. I don't think that's a good idea; it would mean that someone's 5 year old child could shut the server down "just because".

However, if you feel strongly that this would be a good feature to have, you can make a product suggestion using Connect.
    Saturday, May 24, 2008 4:51 PM
  • point well taken.  There are few reasons to shut down the server anyway.  I just needed to shut down a few times one day and thought about the policy setting on other servers to allow shutdown from the login screen. 

thanks for the response.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 5:18 PM